SUBSTANCES OR PRODUCTS THAT MAY CAUSE ALLERGIES OR INTOLERANCES
1. Cereals containing gluten, i.e.: wheat, rye, barley, oats, spelt wheat, kamut, or their hybridized strains and by-products, except:
a) wheat-based glucose syrups, including dextrose (1);
b) wheat-based maltodextrins (1);
c) barley-based glucose syrups;
d) cereals used for making alcoholic distillates including ethyl alcohol of agricultural origin.
2. Crustaceans and crustacean products.
3. Eggs and egg-based products.
4. Fish and fish products, except:
a) fish gelatine used as a carrier for vitamin or carotenoid preparations;
b) gelatine or isinglass used as a fining agent in beer and wine.
5. Peanuts and peanut-based products.
6. Soybeans and soy-based products, except:
a) refined soybean oil and fat (1);
b) natural mixed tocopherols (E306), natural D-alpha tocopherol, natural D-alpha tocopherol acetate, natural soy-based D-alpha tocopherol succinate;
c) vegetable oils derived from soybean-based phytosterols and phytosterol esters;
d) plant stanol ester produced from soybean-based plant oil sterols.
7. Milk and milk-based products (including lactose), except:
a) whey used for the manufacture of alcoholic distillates, including ethyl alcohol of agricultural origin;
8. Nuts, i.e.: almonds (Amygdalus communis L.), hazelnuts (Corylus avellana), walnuts (Juglans regia), cashew nuts (Anacardium occidentale), pecans [Carya illinoinensis (Wangenh.) K. Koch], Brazil nuts (Bertholletia excelsa), pistachio nuts (Pistacia vera), macadamia nuts or Queensland walnuts (Macadamia ternifolia), and their products, except for nuts used in the manufacture of alcoholic distillates, including ethyl alcohol of agricultural origin.
9. Celery and celery-based products.
10. Mustard and mustard-based products.
11. Sesame seeds and products made from sesame seeds.
12. Sulphur dioxide and sulfites in concentrations exceeding 10 mg/kg or 10 mg/liter in terms of total SO2 to be calculated for products as proposed ready for consumption or as reconstituted according to manufacturers’ instructions.
13. Lupins and lupin-based products.
14. Shellfish and shellfish-based products.
IT 22.11.2011 Official Journal of the European Union L 304/43
(1) (1) And derived products, insofar as the processing they have undergone is not likely to
raise the level of allergenicity assessed by the Authority for the basic product from which they are derived.